View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 05:30 PM   #18
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
100% agree about taking of the trim pieces. Man you are brave, I hope the tape keeps the water out.
I always say it's better to be dumb than brave... The last time I uttered those words I doubted a cover block into a hundred pieces which caused me to go flying off the side of my truck bed. As I lagged with quite the thud I heard my middle kid exclaim "uhhh, mommy, where did Daddy just go?"

I was gonna leave it in the sun for a few days to "bake" and then once the strataglass had settled into it's final place, put a nice thick bread of e6000 in the outside gap between the top fabric and the glass, which will actually give me 3 separate layers of again and sealant, all of which are strongly advertised as waterproof (not water resistant).

I will say this though - I've put the top fully up and down about a dozen times so far and nothing has broken loose yet. These adhesives may actually live up to 3M's claims.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk