Thread: I bought a twin
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 07:20 AM   #14
tommy583
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Hi all, just updating this thread with the progress on the car so far. The weather here has finally warmed up and stopped raining everyday so I've been able to start working on the car more regularly.

So far I have swapped the headlights, tail lights, sun visors, wheels, wheel spacers, e-brake handle, shift knob/boot, Bens short shifter, center console, steering wheel, air bag, all switches with blue LED's, gauge LED's, HVAC controller w/blue LED, clear side markers and all trunk seals.

Added US spec lighters one always on and one with switched power for radar detector. Added black heated seats and black floor mats. Added new (used) glass window soft top and new wipers.

I disabled the rear spoiler because it doesn't work correctly. I was considering swapping the whole aero kit from the old car, then the spoiler wouldn't matter because of the fixed wing and longer trunk lid. I've decided against that now. It seems like the factory fitted aero kits actually drill holes to hold a rail below the doors that hold the side skirt. I don't want to have to deal filling the holes, so the old car will keep the aero kit and at some point I will fix the spoiler.

I took off the front bumper cover and cleaned out the radiators. Lots of junk in there but no dead birds thank god. While it was off I washed of the air intakes and used some back to black to make them look like new. I also added mesh using plastic gutter guard. I put it on the outside of the grills, i think it looks better like that. I got a Roll of it at Lowes, it was on clearance for $0.33.

Things I still need to do are: Pads, rotors, paint calipers, swap mufflers, install carpet, door cards and dashboard. I also want to make the top automatic again. Once I'm confident it is working correctly I will put the one touch relay in. I need to make the heated seats work.

I have a 996 throttle body I may swap, not sure yet. At some point I will change the water pump and put in a low temp T-stat. That's about all for now.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote