View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 07:47 PM   #9
ike84

My knowledge of tires is marginal so I can't comment there. I will say though that when I purchased my car it was in excellent condition - no track history, only 27k miles, mechanically sound. I put pilot sport 4s.on shortly after purchase and went with 225s up front and I thought that made a world of difference in terms of understeer. What I didn't realize at the time though was that my OEM suspension was completely shot! After a year of driving my front struts were regularly contacting the bump stops on fast hills (this is my first sports car and I still have a ton to learn) so I started tearing into the suspension. My project budgets are always proportional to the value of the car (don't judge me lol) so I installed godspeed coilovers, replaced rear LCAs, and installed poly sway bar bushings. I dropped the car to minimum ROW height and had a local shop align to max OEM spec camber values, no toe front, tiny toe rear. HO+LEE+****************! This completely transformed what I now realize was a tired 20 year old suspension into one that could seriously handle winding back roads - all for a little over $1k. That was 2 years and 20k miles ago and those modifications have held up flawlessly. I'm sure there are better setups out there but I couldn't be happier with what I got it of the investment.

FWIW I've progressed to the point where I'm going much larger on tire sizes (245/40/18 front. 295/35/18 rear) and then will start dialing in the sway bar options.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk