View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #9
ike84

Finished writing up the switches tonight. Power for the switches and the relays will come directly off the master kill switch (center). The locking switch, which will control ignition-powered circuits, is on the right. This will feed power to its relay, along with the momentary switch for the relay controlling power to the starter solenoid (left) as well as a spare wire to supply power to additional gauges.

I still need to figure out where to draw power for the master kill switch line. All together it needs to feed 3 relays (one is the master kill switch relay itself) and two gauges. The cigar lighter is an option but the factory fuse is 15 amps, which should be plenty. I like to go overboard with this though and wanted to wire a 30 amp circuit. My headlight mods rendered the fog lights out of commission but I'm not sure if that circuit is always hot or ignition controlled. About option would be the power seat circuits but again I don't remember off they are always hot. I've got the fuse contacts ordered and in the mail so I should be able to figure it out by the time they get here and finish the install at that point.

The second pic is a rough sketch of the whole wiring diagram.

Also, I think I found the original connectors to do the OBC addition (so that we don't pay $35 per pair for some silly vw wire). I'm gonna make sure they fit and then I'll post the part numbers.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk