View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #21
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
I am still in process with the mods on my 2.7L 2000 Boxster. I am currently using a stock muffler with TTP headers and high-flow cats. I suspect the stock muffler is somewhat of a bottleneck for the exhaust gas, so I am going to try sticking on a Dansk Sport muffler in the next couple weeks. I should add that I have also stuck on a TTP intake and chip. The chip is also still in process, as it has not been completely tweeked to the exhaust rig as yet.

Anyway, I am now pretty consistantly getting around 202 hp on the DynoJet dyno which works out to a little over 20 additional hp at the crank, figuring a 15% drive train loss. I think it was racertroy that found he was getting a 17.8% drivetrain loss with his 2000 2.7L Boxster. Assuming a 17.8% drivetrain loss, that would put almost 29 additional HP at the crank. My guess is that with my car with a new muffler and the chip dialed into my setup I will end up getting in the neighborhood of 206-210 or so HP on the dyno, which is pretty close to a 30 hp increase. But don't even ask what all this mod playing around costs, for what by most standards is a very modest increase in HP, but hey, I'm having fun.......

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:
How much were you making before the mods? You've gotta have a baseline right?
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote