View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
ike84

Project Renegade

I think at this point I've done enough modifications to classify this as an official "build thread". The inspiration started simply - more power and more style, but in a very individualized way (hence the renegade moniker). What I find really crazy about all this is the fact that before I owned this car I had never even done an oil change. I've got to give a huge shout out to everyone on this forum because I have learned an incredible amount here and the inspiration for these projects has driven me to discover my love of turning wrenches.

So, without further ado, let's start with a list of what has already been done...

Engine/Intake/Exhaust
82mm TB, 82mm MAF housing, and custom cold air short ram intake
996 ROW fuel mapping
Catless headers into 2.5" dual exhaust with high flow cats and shorty mufflers
SAI delete
UD pulley
986.2 injectors

This setup runs with a LTFT of around -17% so if the correlation is linear, that should produce 240ish HP (no, I've never Dyno tested it)

Running Gear
Godsport coilovers lowered to minimum ROW height and set at max factory spec camber (will change height soon when 18" wheels go on)
987 engine mount

Aero
CF rear spoiler (inspired by gt3 rs)
Rear diffuser (this is more cosmetic than anything)

Interior
NRG racing seats on factory sliders
GT style flat bottom wheel wheel on quick release hub
Ultra short shifter raised nearly 8 cm
Factory HU delete with Boss Bluetooth amp, new front and rear speakers with amp mounted between the seats

Misc
Headlight mods

Most of these mods I have detailed in DIY threads or have already been beat to death so I'm not gonna go back through all that...

Ongoing projects (these I'm SUPER psyched for...)
Transmission cooler system (early stages, I've got all the bits together though)
True push button start (nearing completion)
Gauge mods including red lights and white faces (done)
Clutch boost spring delete and sensor bypass (will do in the next few days)
Center console delete (nearing completion), which will include the following
-Warning system for oil pressure and temp (engine and transmission) and fuel pressure (gonna take a bit to wire out but all the bits are ready)
-Master kill switch
-Dual VDO gauges for engine and trans cooler pressure (same as warning system)

Let me know if there is any interest in detailing a particular mod or part of the process. The interior is in a million parts but I did start the car today for the first time without a key! I will hopefully finish that by the end of the week and then the rest of the interior will start going back together. Then the pictures will start rolling in.

Here's a pic of all the sensors. It's a bit ridiculous what I had to do to scrounge these parts together but will be worth it. The temp switches trigger at/above 280F and the pressure switches trigger at/below 30 psi. Two 5 bar vdo pressure senders are going in too. One for the engine and the other for the trans cooler (eventually the trans cooler system will pull double duty but I'm gonna hold on to that surprise for the very end!)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ike84; 04-20-2022 at 08:29 PM.
ike84 is offline   Reply With Quote