View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 09:03 AM   #7
howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
I had the LN Single Row Pro, the ceramic dual row replacement for the OEM single row used in my 2003 S. It was installed in my car, that I bought new, around 42,000 miles and failed around 77,500 miles. I did the frequent oil changes, filter inspections, magnetic drain plug and it still failed. My rebuilt engine has the LN IMS Solution, which, in retrospect, I should have gotten the first time around. LN has a sister company, RND, and they have a roller bearing for a price-point replacement, but it is a periodic replacement item. I recommend installing the IMS Solution if you're going to do something, and be done for good.
I agree the Solution is probably the best long term play. I don't see myself in this car any longer than 1 year from now, so from a financial standpoint I don't think a $1900 part is the best choice in this situation. I have just seen RND pop up in searches recently and its interesting to hear they are associated with LN. LN has not been a fan of the roller bearing, saying they looked at that approach a number of years ago and discounted it as not being the direction they wanted to pursue. I wonder if the popularity of the roller bearing in the last few years has prompted them to jump into that segment of the market to capture some of those sales. And why under a sister company name and not the recognized LN brand.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote