View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 06:36 AM   #3
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Does anyone use the LN ceramic double row IMS bearing anymore? Is that sort of old school technology that people have moved on from?. I notice on Facebook, many people in the IMS bearing group, especially in the last few months are using the EPS roller bearing.

I never see posted anywhere somebody putting in the ceramic bearing from LN. Sounds like when it comes to LN, it's either the solution or nothing at this point in time.

I would like to replace mine with the stock Porsche bearing but cannot find it here in the United States. Can get it shipped from Germany, but still have to have the right tool to install it because of the internal spring design and getting it into the shaft.
LN Dual row, single row, and single row Pro's still being installed, but people have recognized the long-term value of going with the Solution's "once and done" approach, making it very popular. Personally, never cared for either the roller bearing concept, and in particular how EPS gets oil to it.