View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 08:57 PM   #22
robdelorenzo

It’s time for a new top. One of the installers I talked to told me that Robbins makes a very good one. While going through their website, I came across this:

“CAUTION: Porsche has issued Service Bulletin Group 6-61 28 55, describing problems with the cable sleeve channel hanging up when the top is raised or lowered, that can cause side cables to tear away form the top. The bulletin further describes new parts that need to be installed and repairs that need to be made to the frame to correct this problem. Robbins cannot be held responsible for side cables tearing out of our 3161 and 3162 tops as a result of this.”

I searched for this bulletin, but came up with nada. Does anyone know anything about this? One of the cables in the current top did snap off, so I would like to find the “Upgraded parts” if possible. Also one of the pushrods snapped on the end that bolts into the frame (not the side with the cup) I am concerned that these two issues are related to having the “old” parts.
I have an 02 Boxster Base. Neither GAHH or Auto Tops Direct mention anything about this.
robdelorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote