View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #40
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetdriver63 View Post
What's the diagnosis if the (driver's side) window doesn't move when you pull either the outside or inside handle, but you can hear something working like it's trying to, and the auto up/down works perfectly when you operate the convertible top.

When I give a short pull (maybe 1/2 inch) on either the inside or outside handle, I can hear -- maybe even feel -- something move, and then hear/feel it move back when I let the handle back in. However, the window glass doesn't move at all.

As it is right now, I just always have to push down slightly on the top of the window before I close the door.
This is one of the more frustrating problems on the Boxster. I had a similar problem recently... the window moved, but not enough. I fixed it by adjusting the regulator. It seems the cables stretch to the point where the window won't drop. Some regulators have and adjuster (like a bicycle cable). Even with the adjuster fully extended my window was not moving enough, so I added a spacer to take up more slack and the window now drops enough to clear the top. I installed a cheap regulator I bought on eBay and it is still working 3 years later.
Regulators that don't have adjusters can be tightened up by using zip-ties as spacers... there is a thread somewhere on this. I used a short length of fuel hose held in place by a zip-tie.

This is an earlier thread on another problem that I had with the window... there is some interesting information in it.
Door window not dropping properly – a troubleshooting check list.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote