View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 02:35 AM   #14
nickshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurance Racer View Post
All

Thanks for the great feedback and information. Let’s discuss further.

Engine cooling: I have removed the drivers side front radiator fan for weight reduction. The passenger side front rad fan remains for times where the car is stopped. Third radiator in the front adds weight that I want to avoid. I plan to use the lower temp thermostat.
Engine compartment is cooled from ducted air from Passenger side air vent.

Engine oil cooler: I will look into the 996/997s cooler. If its bolt in than that’s simple and easy enough. I know oil to water is more efficient than oil (liquid) to air coolers however the delta temperature is greater with oil to air. Assume oil to water would be 235 (oil) to 190 (water) where oil to air would be 235 to 100 (air) temp Assuming hot day and ambient air around the engine like in the trunk. Thoughts on this?

Intake: The intake must remain stock. I can remove parts like the intake resonance air induction valve but that should actually be beneficial to me to boost low rpm response. I will check out your (@Ike84) DYI short ram intake. If it is done without adding parts its possible without points.

Tune: Tune is free. No points so its free HP that I need to take advantage of. Same with at trans tune for the Tip if you know any experts on that. So with stock intake (perhaps your DYI Ram runner), Cats are gone, SAI is gone and my fabricated exhaust with high flow mufflers I need to unlock as much HP as I can.

Exhaust: Thx. I will run with high flow muffler one per side.

Other thoughts? Keep them coming.
Engine Cooling - 100% install the bigger 996/986-S coolant pipes. They literally add almost a gallon of coolant. Get rid of the tiny Boxster lines if you are starting with a Non-S (can't recall). Also add the center radiator. Go with CSF b/c the Porsche/Behr centers are very delicate.

Oil cooler - All I can tell you is I have the 997 oil cooler and have zero oil temp issues even running at altitude.

Intake - If legal wrap it in gold foil for insulation. Pegasus racing sells it, not cheap about $35/foot x24"

Tune - I think many run the Euro tune which I believe ignores the aft O2 sensors so you can delete those.
P Cars: 1997 Spec Boxster - SPB #94 / 2022 Macan GTS / 2018 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo ---- Other cars: 2021 F-250 Diesel / 2019 Golf R
Gone: 2020 GT4, 2004 GT3, 2003 Carrera, 1982 911SC, 2005 Lotus Elise and lots of other non-Porsches.
PCA National DE Instructor #202106053
nickshu is offline   Reply With Quote