View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 11:27 AM   #7
ike84

For the oil cooler, look into swapping the OEM one for a 996 model. Larger capacity and should fit without issue. These are oil water coolers and far more efficient than a remote oil air cooler would be.

For the tip, it already has a cooler built in. It too is a water interface so you'll have to plumb it in.

To help, adding a third (center) front radiator is a nice project.

Accusumps are a highly debated. My personal take is they are a band aid at best for a motor that has poor scavenge pump placement, but you can decide. There's lots to read about it in prior posts.

What are your rules about the intake? If you can, gut that garbage and do a short ram intake. I did this on mine, you can find the writeup in the diy section. Also, get rid of the SAI and vacuum resivoir.

A lot of guys have run these cars square in the past with mixed results. In theme of steering I'm not sure you need anything bigger than a 245 at most up front. A 275 square setup will likely slow you down a bit without much if any advantage.

In terms of a tune, we could talk for a long time. Short version of that it will depend on your intake. If you gut the cats and sai, row will avoid error codes but has drawbacks. If you keep your MAF housing the same size you can still run the stock tune no problem, but if you increase diameter here you will need either the Spyder tune or a 996 tune.

Btw. Very nice job on the exhaust. I prefer equal length long runners but the shortys will likely serve you very well. You will definitely need glass packs at the least, unless you dislike your hearing. Trust me here. I ran 2.5 straight pipe for a while but had to wear gun muffs while doing so lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk