View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #6483
MrBen

Cold start

First time I had to fire the boxster in 15 degree weather. It was sleeping nicely in winter storage. I built a new 40x56 pole barn last summer to replace the 32x44 I'm selling in the spring. So around Thanksgiving I rolled the Boxster in the big door and under the fifth wheel camper. I never use that door, keep the tractor and other stuff in the other big door. Well there was a bunch of snow building up in front of the unused door. I thought I'd just run it up a couple feet and get all the snow out from there in case I ever need to get in there for some reason. Well the door was frozen to the ground. The motor pulled one side up the other got stuck. The cable jumped off the drum. Not knowing this I ran it up the rest of the way then the cable jumped off the other side and the door fell a foot or so and messed up the bracket. Stuck about half way up. The Boxster was in the way under the door. I decided to move it to the other side. It cranked over slowly and was not happy about the situation. She did fire and I moved it over to the other side. I ended up supporting the door with the tractor forks unhooked the cables and slowly lowered it back to the ground. I'm going to let the pro's take it from here. Once its back working I'll move the Boxster back over to the space under the fifth wheel. It came very close to crashing down on the Boxster and the fifth wheel. Imagine making that call to the insurance guy. Boxster totaled, fifth wheel 10k, garage door another 5k. It took 6 months to get the dang things.
MrBen is offline   Reply With Quote