View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #26
elgyqc

Garage
Got the passenger side cushion done. I tried to find a way use zip ties in place of the hooks that hold the cover to the foam along the sides. My conclusion is… use the hooks. You might want to use something like this to prevent the hooks from pulling through the holes in the foam.

The fit was tighter than the other seat and it took a lot of effort to finally get it on the plastic base.

The cover for the seat back was also a lot harder to install than on the driver’s side. To get it into the groove at the rear I ended up starting on the side and working towards the top (as opposed to getting the top in first).

As I neared the top I pushed on the seam with a piece of wood, see the photo, that helped to get a bit of slack to force the bead into the groove. The seams are strong enough that this is not a problem.

Once in it kept trying to creep out so I put a piece of safety wire through the seat at the top, fastened inside, to prevent the bead from popping out. I didn’t want to do this, but I prefer to not have it come apart sometime in the near future. It is almost invisible unless you are looking for it.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote