View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 02:14 PM   #8
DarrenD

I just installed Eibach anti-roll bars on my '99. I run Hankook RS-4's at the track and stock dampers and springs. I have about 20 years of racing/tracking/autoX experience. Just the addition of the anti-roll bars made the car handle fantastic. It didn't hurt the ride, it significantly reduced roll, and it turned the car into a precision instrument. I did a back-to-back at our local track and while the car was fantastic before(for a stock car), it was just so much better after. My ability to place the car EXACTLY where I wanted to with no understeer was incredible. I am currently waiting on a set of Koni Special Actives. They are by no means a track damper like an Ohlins but my car is mostly a top down cruiser and my wife loves it so I couldn't go too track focused. Truly I don't care. Having had many dedicated track cars, I've been there and done that. The Boxster handles beautifully out of the box(no pun intended) and rides great. Adding the Anti-roll bars was the icing on the cake. At our local PCA events at Mosport, I routinely out brake and out corner many, much faster cars. The Boxster is a fabulous track weapon made even better with some stiff sway bars.
DarrenD is offline   Reply With Quote