View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 01:23 PM   #25
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
From looking at others have have used Lseats kits (not just Porsche) their fit isn't always great. Dont know how they make their patterns but if it is how I think they do it, they take a used set of covers from a customer and make a template from that. That will get them close, but that original template could be worn, old, etc. If they dont shrink it some then there wont be a tight enough fit and for new leather seats, you want a very tight fit out of the box so it can stretch over time. I suspect they dont do this which is why the fit isn't that great.
Now that you mention it, I remember a couple of people mentioning that Lseat had asked them to send their old covers in so that they could add to their product line (BMW sport seats and Miata I think).

When I started work on the passenger seat today I noticed that on the original covers the sides of the cushion and the sides of the back are not leather... they are stretchy vinyl. This would make installation easier and perhaps help place the leather. The Lseat covers are all leather from what I see.

With the passenger seat out I was able to get the old covers off in less than 2 hours, likely half of what it took for the driver's seat.
The seat back was not too bad, but the cushion was a real mess.

The insert was in perfect condition... if anyone wants it its theirs.

1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote