Thread: 996 ROW tune
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 11:03 AM   #5
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
How are things running for you? What engine / engine displacement and airbox are you using? What mass air flow sensor type did you end up using to make this work? If it's a Cayman MAF housing did you end up fitting a 996 sensor to it?
JK, she's running great. Its a 2.7 00. No issues with the tune, AFR runs at 14.7 at cruise and 12.5 at WOT. The intake is all custom - 82mm bosch TB, larger MAF housing(3.25" diameter sourced from BMW) with OEM MAF sensor, run through rear firewall into a 3.5" Y pipe with twin high flow dry filters, all mated with 3.5" silicone tubing. It's a bit unconventional, I admit, but it works well. The only issue is intake temps get hot, but I have a fix - boring out large holes in the OEM spoiler body to channel air into the trunk when the spoiler is raised (I've added a gt style rear wing so the stocker spoiler doesn't do much for aerodynamic stability anymore). I've not ever had the chance to Dyno it but she pulls hard and revs fast (the first thing I noticed after flashing the new tune actually was how much quicker it revs). LTFTs are -17% on each bank so if all else is equal I should be making quite a bit more power than OEM, probably in the 230-240 range. I will also say that with the OEM airbox and the SAI out, it's a hell of a lot easier to work on things like the fuel rails/injectors I did a bunch of posts on those mods, under the DIY section, I think I titled it 82mm TB. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ike84; 01-06-2022 at 01:25 PM.
ike84 is offline   Reply With Quote