View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 03:55 AM   #2
SCCA_AX

I think the best answer is "it depends." Suspension setup is a bit of a dark art as there's a LOT of situational and driver preference involved. Some people like a lot of swaybar on one (or both) ends, but it's more typical to have the springs do most of the work and think of swaybars as "seasoning" or fine tuning.

The big benefit to adjustable swaybars is a no-fuss easy adjustment at the track. Swapping springs or changing alignment based on conditions is typically not practical. Moving two endlinks a hole or two though is comparatively simple.

Do you have the desire, and the know-how, to constantly tweak the car based on track / surface / tire / weather conditions? If so, adjustable bar(s) may be a worthwhile investment. If you just want to drive the car as-is, then probably not.

The Ohlins setup - and especially the camber you're going to add - is going to dramatically change the car. If it were me, I'd drive the car with just those changes, and see if I'd like a change in balance after. You can change both swaybars without disturbing the alignment or corner balance, so one or both is an easy add after.

My $0.02, which is free, and therefore worthless.
SCCA_AX is offline   Reply With Quote