View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 06:04 AM   #25
OldManMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
You’re setting a really high bar with your excellent attention to detail. I’m really curious to know how you got everything so clean on your suspension rebuild. I assume everything wasn’t replaced, was it? It just looks so good.
Actually, all the suspension/brakes were replaced with new, except for the callipers which I stripped and refurbed with all new parts and the wheel carrier which I bead blasted clean. So that is:

Coils, dampeners, handbrake cables, all handbrake components, discs, pads, shoes, sensors, all suspension arms, bushes, brake shields, speeds sensors, heat shield, cat converters, O2 sensors, gear shift cables, all (I think) mounting brackets (plastic and metal) and every nut, washer and bolt.

The only parts I didn't replace with new are the diagonal braces (they were in good condition and needed a clean), anti roll bar and the diamond brace. .The rear sub frame did need to be replaced as the roll bar bracket bolts snapped and they could not be tapped out (photo) but I was soooo lucky as I found two NOS items that were only £60 each instead of £800 each
OldManMo is offline   Reply With Quote