View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 03:41 PM   #20
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMo View Post
Good call. I actually replaced the oil cooler when I did the IMS but the things I found as we stripped the engine makes me want to ensure everything is cleaned out. The next set of posts will explain why

I will be getting all parts ultrasonic cleaned and casings vapour blasted but I definitely will ensure all oilways are flushed and cleaned and if you hadn’t mentioned the oil cooler I would have stupidly put it back on as I only replaced it new a few hundred miles ago and no doubt it is contaminated

Thank you PaulE
My shop told me there was no way to be sure that the internals of the oil cooler would be completely cleaned of small particles, and a new one was cheap enough, especially compared to the cost of labor and parts for a full rebuild (no way I could do it myself in my lifetime!).
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote