View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
OldManMo

So first thing to do was gearbox, bumper and exhaust out. This only took a couple of hours..what? you say, thats BS.

No its not as I already spent over 3 weeks doing the first time, breaking ever bolt, stud, etc and spending days to do the most simple 30 mins job. I have to say, I have never comes across the level of corrosion in any of the cars I have worked on. Sure one or two bolts or studs shear off, but I am not joking when I say almost all did or the level or corrosion made the threads useless. As an example the rear sub frame and the anti roll bar mounts. All four snapped needed two new sub frames.

Anyway, rambling again, so back on topic. Once gearbox, exhaust was out, it was time to attack the engine. I followed all the great info from Pelican and the great videos in youtube and got the engine onto the hydraulic trolley and lowered in about 2 hours of total time (with lots of breaks, swearing and looking things up in between.

On thing I will say is that I spend hours researching before I start. Easily into the hundreds

so here we go

Engine on trolley

Ok, hit a slight problem, I couldn't get the car high enough as in the UK we have tiny boxes as garages. Dont get me wrong, mine is a double but the height is made for mini me's.

So the engine was stuck in the drive shafts, raised the car to the highest I could and I was still hitting the rear sub frame so it came out. Quick check from the top and yes forgot return fuel line

And finally, engine is out

OldManMo is offline   Reply With Quote