View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #25
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
I want to place the blame on our lovely unions, but I really don't have any information to support my position.
You wouldn't have to look far to find the evidence to place blame for this mess squarely on the shoulders of the unions. As much as I'd like to feel sorry for the American auto worker, I can't. Did they really think that the American car makers were going to be able to support this pyramid forever? The factory workers weren't crying when they went out on strike after strike, always looking for more, more, more and holding the industry hostage. A few weeks ago one of the big evening news shows had a good story about the whole mess. They said the average auto worker's salary is six digits, counting O.T. but not benefits. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for them while they cry on TV about losing their jobs and acting like the world owes them something? The truth of the matter is that their greed drove the American Auto Makers into the ground and the unions were holding the reins. How long did the unions think the automakers could stay one up on the Asian manufacturers while supporting those salaries, benefits and retirement packages?
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote