View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #308
1thenaton1

Wrapped up my track season with another good day out there, this time on the full and outer circuits which include a very long front straight. Had cool temps and epic scenery after some recent high elevation snow. Ran 2:22 on outer and 3:28 on full on 200tw tires, car is hitting ~137 on the straight vs about 120 with stock motor.

Since last time out I threw on a new/used set of Fikse FM10s, probably 5lbs lighter per corner, and tidy'd up a bunch of interior items, made some basic door cards to cover up the bare metal and make opening/closing doors less of a task.

[IMG]IMG_0241[/IMG]

Here's a short vid of some track footy passing 5 cars on the front straight (click the video title for full screen). Is it more fun than the 2.5 liter? Ya maybe a little
https://vimeo.com/634569267

Btwn now and the spring I plan to throw on a new serp belt and hope that eases the squeal i am getting at startup, try to diag O2 sensors which don't seem to save fuel trims, maybe get on the dyno to better understand the engine power, new brakes all around (go figure, new setup eats brakes a little quicker), and work on a better engine cover solution to cut down on cabin fumes. And keep working on this nut behind the wheel.

Last edited by 1thenaton1; 10-18-2021 at 09:50 AM.
1thenaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote