View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
cartagena

I drove two hours from Cartagena to Santa Marta yesterday and the outside temperature according to the Porsche was 91-93 degrees fahrenheit most of the way. I had the top down with an average speed over 100 mph so it did not feel so hot though. I am at a beach resort now in Santa Marta but have not gone outside yet (it is only 1:47: pm) since I was out inspecting rum all night but it looks hot and sunny. I want to get some photos of my assistant on the beach today with the Porshe but the car is very dirty and I do not know where to clean it. I am sure Bogota is cold though as it is way up in the mountains and rains every day.

BTW, you should be able to fly from Chicago to Bogota for $450 cattle class on Avianca. While there make sure to stop into the only Porsche dealer in Colombia to look at the $110,000 USD boxster S they have on the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
BTW - How's the weather down there? My girlfriend and I were going to visit her family in Bogota for Christmas (she was born in Columbia, moved to Venezuela and now she's here in the US). Unfortunately, we didn't get our flight tickets in time so the price is outrageous and of course our frequent flyer miles won't work...

If you could tell me how cold it is going to be than that would make me feel better about not visiting???

Last edited by cartagena; 11-03-2006 at 10:00 AM.