View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
Race

Garage
Electrical Gremlins!

I have recently acquired a 2001 Boxster S with less than 50k on the clock. I have been sorting through multiple issues to get this back on the road, and this last one has me stumped. The dash warning lights do not come on when you turn the key to the on position unless you leave it on for about 30 sec then they pop on. If you start the car the dash lights, tach, water temp and fuel gauge will not come on until 30 to 40 seconds have passed. The air bag warning light stays on even after you shut off the car remove the key and get out. The light will go out after all of the interior lights shut off. checking it with a durametric the fault shows air bag light. and will not clear the fault. It clears on the computer but the light stays on. Also the switch for the spoiler will not work up or down, the spoiler is stuck up. I can control it with the durmetric and once it is down I have pulled the relays. I have installed a new ignition switch from Pelican I have unhooked and connected the battery, checked fuses. I do not have any history on this car but I am thinking for about the past four years it was not taken care of, and I am not sure if the ECM got wet or not it does not show any signs of moisture or flooding that I can see. I am open to any suggestions at this point.
Thank you
Race is offline   Reply With Quote