View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
ike84

Finished up today. I think it went pretty well. I would up using 3/8" x 1" with flat washers on both sides with a lock washer and lock washer to secure the seat belt receptacle. When doing this try to keep the mounting point as low to the bottom of the bracket as possible so it clears the bottom of the seat.

A note about the factory seats. It's perfectly acceptable in a lot of racing organizations to use stocks seats and seat belts for restraint systems. I was surprised though that Porsche DID NOT use 12.9 grade hardware for these seats. The 4 bolts that attach the bracket to the seat are grade 10, and the seat belt receptacle bolt is grade 8. (all metric grades, I'm forgetting the .x part of the numbers there). I'm certainly not saying that my setup is better than the stock system (this is not a racing setup, just a cruising one) but I would think twice before using the stock setup for serious racing.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk