View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #15
ike84

I would start by calling your state highway dept and asking them. Ca just changed its emissions rules and I would want they're ok before the project before starts.

The dme and immobilizer are separate systems but must be able to talk to one another. The motor doesnt care about specifics from either of these except that the dme tells it what to do in a proper manner.

So, from that standpoint, you need the whole package you will need to find a dme that runs the same ME version that the motor is expecting (this can be found on Wikipedia), preferably with the correct tune already loaded unless you have a piwis to flash it. you need either the harness from that engine or to modify the pinout of your existing harness to jive with the new dme (which will be hard because the variocam plus system is completely different from variocam), and the immobilizer must come from the same generation along with it's keys.

It's actually not terribly difficult to get immobilizer codes, you just need to call a dealer with the Vin number and be nice to them.

Note that the dme switched to a can bus system in 01 or 02. I would verify your car is canbus before proceeding. If not, you're gonna have a bad time little dude...

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk