View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #19
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Re trans mount change:

Okay, perhaps one loose trans mount at a time, with a couple 2x4s side by side (for load distribution) in between the jack and trans case (at the mount pick up section; same loaded section) is a reasonable "at your own judgement and risk" proposition

JFP I completely understand what you can recommend and what you need to stay away from.....

I may just get a support bar for near term airbox work/tinkering......which I know you are a fan of . Do you have a good Boxster specific one you use or think highly of?
Engine support bars are a "universal" tool, designed to work on as many engine bay types as reasonably possible. Two caveats are to make sure the bar adjusts wide enough to span the bay and pay attention to their load capacity. I have used the OTC Stinger bar for years, which can lift and hold up to 1100 pounds, and it works fine on these cars; but there are other good ones that are comparable to the Stinger at lower costs, and there are even three-point versions with even higher load capacities, sold by everyone from Horror Freight to Amazon:

Last edited by JFP in PA; 09-10-2021 at 11:24 AM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote