View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #10
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
It will be probably twice the cost to buy and swap an m97 along with the dme and immobilizer compared to just replacing the variocam acutators and doing an ims fix on your otherwise working motor, although you will recoup some of that difference is you sell your current motor. Jon's link is a good one, there is minimal rewiring but it must be done right.

keep in mind that the ims problem still persists on the m97 motor, and some of them (i don't remember the specifics) CANNOT BE FIXED because the case has to be split in order to access the bearing.
One of my friends said he can get me a 2006 boxster 2.7 engine for around 1700 bucks and for that money its seriously appealing since I am convinced that if i replace the 135 variocam actuator the 246 one will go out too, i mean after all by design the variocam actuators in these engines are literally meant to wear through the plastic wear pads and eventually lead to issues, that is absurd. My question is, what does it take for me to get the 2006 engine in, other than a new engine and a new dme coded to the car, what else is involved in getting that 987 motor in, will i need a new cluster? ignition? and will the engine actually work in there and not throw codes and prevent it from passing smog? those are important points for me, also I want to know what year and model boxster ecu to buy so i dont have to re-map it
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote