View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 06:18 PM   #55
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Today I installed an h&s mini Maxx on my silverado 3500. I don't hate the environment, but GM got just about everything wrong on their first gen DEF system and everytime something breaks (5 times in 5 years, twice in the past 4 months) it throws the truck into limp mode. Anyway, best $ I've ever spent on the truck and it really does work.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Random update to this, in case anyone else has a Duramax... When i did the delete tune i never switched out any other components. The DEF tank is still in place and the exhaust, along with the DPF and EGR valve, is still in stock form. I had a feeling this would cause a problem but I wasn't sure how long it would be before it happened. (Despite a thousand boneheads on the Duramax forums, I couldn't find a single thread that answered that question) Well, now I know, not long at all - maybe that makes me the bonehead!

What was a beast of a motor at any rpm now barely has the oomph to make it up a hill. I think the DPF is clogged and causing high exhaust back pressure. I'm gonna check it out this weekend with the pressure guage. Options are too ream out the DPF or to buy a straight pipe setup, which surprisingly isn't too expensive. I'll post an update when I fix it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk