View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #15
rick3000
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
dragonflyoh, looks like you replied to several very old threads about this, I'll reply to this one.

To answer your question, you will have to remove the bumper there isn't any other way to route the wires. Use it as an opportunity to also clean your radiators. Most of the fasteners are plastic, and yes they might need to be replaced due to age, particularly the plunger fasters in the wheel well. Your local dealer should be able to supply you with a few, they aren't expensive, or use the generic ones from Lowes.

If you remove the front trunk liner you will see some rubber grommets that the wire can be routed through. I wired my DRL's to the 12V switched power under the center console (search: phone connector, for more info), you have to go through the firewall grommet from the dash to the battery area, from the battery area into the trunk, then I exited the front trunk on the passenger size below the headlight and added a plug so that the wires could be disconnected if/when the bumper needed to be removed (the plug is accessible with the headlight removed). Make sure to seal the cuts you make in the rubber grommets with some sealant to keep everything watertight.

The lights can fixed to the grills with adhesive tape, zip ties, screws, etc it depends on the lights you choose. I would suggest making sure the lights you choose are robust, my first attempt at DRL only lasted a few months before small rocks and debris broke half of the LED's and I had to replace them.

Last edited by rick3000; 09-05-2021 at 09:42 AM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote