View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinporsche View Post
Hi, after 2 years my 2000 986 (98K miles, stock other than ceramic IMS bearing) finally threw a code.

I read it first with my CREADER 123 ODBII and recall getting 2-4 distinct codes relating to the O2 sensor.

I cleared without writing anything down (hoping it was "just temporary"), but as I a recall, the code descriptions mentioned that is was right or left (or maybe Bank 1 Bank2) and front or back (can't remember which though).

After a couple of weeks, it threw engine light again, but my CREADER 123 is now in NOLA: I left it in my Land Rover D2, which my brother borrowed to take to Louisiana for his work with FEMA (guess he's expecting some water crossings).

So, I borrowed a friend's (very nice) Aultel, and it only shows one code this second time around, P1119 O2 sensor heating.

No mention of Bank 1 or 2 or front or rear, so not really enough info to figure out which sensor(s) (left or right, front or rear) to replace.

Any advice on what to do here -- hopefully, the only solution isn't to replace all four sensors (though that would be very Schawbisch of Porsche to do).
P1119 is for the Pre-Cat O2 sensor on bank -2
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote