View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
Stl-986

Figured I would update this thread.

Trip out west was an overall good trip. approx 2700 miles and way too many fill ups.

Averaged 28mpg
Lost my rear spoiler somewhere in KS
Driver door lock/micro switch decided to stop working in Denver
Made it up Mt. Evans which is the tallest road in NA. 14k feet. Not for the feint of heart either. Forgot to setup my GoPro. Vertigo started to kick in up at the top so I didn't get out to get any great photos. Will post a picture of what was at the base though later.
While leaving Mt. Rushmore it decided it wanted to start to misfire on me. Did what I could while in a hotel parking lot but decided to just take a chance and get it home. It was Sunday so nothing was going to be open anyway. Made it home and suspect it's time for new plugs & coils since I haven't done them on this car yet.
Lowest temp was 42 which made having heated seats all the better.
90% of the trip was driven with the top down and either heat or AC on. Was a blast

Made it to Devils Peak & Mt. Rushmore, but had to cancel going to Badlands due to the car. Trip already being planned to head back out.

Best roads were in WY. They were butter smooth.
Worst roads....CO. 1st 100 miles on Hwy 70 from the KS boarder was like driving on cobblestones. Not a pleasant ride.

Ride was nice & comfy the whole time (other then misfires)

Top speed was 110 while in KS when a couple state troopers wanted to play.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)

Last edited by Stl-986; 08-25-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote