Thread: engine rebuilds
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #13
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
. . .Jake on the other hand may be a little too mercurial for some tastes, which is why he stopped posting on several forums and selling components, and now focuses only on complete engines; but while you may not care for how he behaves, his reputation for innovations, really solid engine assemblies, and some significant power output increases is both hard earned and real, which is why his business has grown from being housed in an old chicken coop to a world class custom built facility that is recognized worldwide for what it is capable of producing, even if you have to wait a year or more to get access to it . . .
Well said JFP. I didn’t drink any ‘koolaid’ and I resent all that phrase implies in the context of my choice. I researched available M96 performance engine build options and it came down to FSI (Jake) and Hartech (Lee Jenkins). I’m in the US so FSI it was. My 3.8L Street Performer Plus never disappoints and it was well worth the nine month wait to start my four month turnkey build. The same is true of my friend’s FSI 3.6L Track Performer build. His 996 was two cars in the queue behind my car.

Jake doesn’t need a ‘forum voice’, his cars on the ground do all the talking.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 08-17-2021 at 01:37 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote