View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 05:56 AM   #299
strombomb

Any progress on V8 engine swap options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escy View Post
My charge coolers are at the sides of the engine. I looked into having intercoolers by those side vents, not enough space and I'm not convinced they draw enough air.
Well I’m going to test this theory; the red box in this image is about where the side vents are. I am hoping that the vents can supply some fresh air to both the air filter and to the area around the charge coolers in the front. I am thinking of augmenting with some slim 6 inch fans to increase flow. If I find a recipe for stable IATs without AC cooling or WMI, I’ll let you know. Though I do agree that WMI is pretty magical.

The stock ecoboost turbos should put me in the B5 S4 k04 ballpark with great low RPM spool, but there are some drop-in upgrades that I’m pretty excited about too. Here are some 42/56 units that should be comparable to the RS6 turbos that you are running. One step at a time though… need to get this embodiment put together before really pushing performance.

https://crpengineering.com/product/3-035-311/

Fueling is currently my bottle neck… I’ve still got stock injectors and fuel pump in my build. Which injectors are you running?

Last edited by strombomb; 08-16-2021 at 07:18 AM.
strombomb is offline   Reply With Quote