View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 11:13 AM   #295
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escy View Post
If you follow him on Instagram he has live videos where he answers questions.

My charge coolers are at the sides of the engine. I looked into having intercoolers by those side vents, not enough space and I'm not convinced they draw enough air.

I'm not planning on making any changes to the charge cooler system at this point. The only potential idea I have is to plumb in a heat exchanger that uses the A/C to cool the coolant. Tesla use one for their battery cooling. I've got one on the shelf. Because you use the a/c to chill the coolant you can get it down to bellow ambient temperatures. All the same charge cooler limitations apply though, you'll put heat into it quicker than it can recover, if the coolant pump isn't fast enough might not improve things towards the top end of a pull, etc. You basically just start from a better base line. If I could plumb it in myself I'd give it a go but I haven't been able to find the fittings. Ultimately, with the WMI proving so effective, what's the point?
I'm not sure if I said it on here already so if I have please forgive, but I don't like the idea of using wmi to fix a problem. The issue there is that of you run dry or your system malfunctions, it may cost you a motor. I'm certainly not trying to criticize your setup, I think you've done a fantastic job.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk