View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 12:13 AM   #290
Escy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
FWIW, there's a guy named bisi ezerioha that did what was probably the first twin turbo 986 build. His turbos were remote mounted (where OEM muffler would be) and intake was plumbed into the trunk, where a large a2w intercooler setup was mounted with the heat exchanger being the front 3rd radiator. I've not gotten to talk to him directly about his experience but in an interview with Hoonigan, he said his setup resulted in IAT that never exceeded ambient temps on hard track days.
He's a nice guy and he builds cool stuff. He's only running small boost (<10psi?), I don't think his system has as much demand on it as mine does. Also, the car is a tool to promote his business, not convinced he'd say it performed like **************** even if it did.

The simple fact with all charge cooler systems I've seen is they work well for a short period but eventually you heat the coolant up and it won't come back down until you are off the throttle. That includes manufacturers with proper development. All the improvements (larger radiators, better pumps, more capacity, etc) just move the window a bit. That's the way I see them anyway.
Escy is offline   Reply With Quote