View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #288
strombomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
FWIW, there's a guy named bisi ezerioha that did what was probably the first twin turbo 986 build. His turbos were remote mounted (where OEM muffler would be) and intake was plumbed into the trunk, where a large a2w intercooler setup was mounted with the heat exchanger being the front 3rd radiator. I've not gotten to talk to him directly about his experience but in an interview with Hoonigan, he said his setup resulted in IAT that never exceeded ambient temps on hard track days.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

So you’re saying it’s possible to have stable IATs! Is this build documented anywhere?

There is/was also a Subaru powered Boxster out there that started with a pretty trick a2a in the trunk but ended up with a a2w in the trunk. See the link below. This guy also (I believe) simply repurposed the 3rd radiator for intercooling. That would be great and easy, but I would worry that engine cooling would be inadequate. Anyone have any thoughts or experience regarding only using the side radiators for the 2.7t engine and using the 3rd for intercooling?

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2047734
strombomb is offline   Reply With Quote