View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #11
bockster75

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
The COVID bubble has driven all used prices up. But the bubble is going to break once new car chips are available and new cars become abundantly available again. May be another 3-4 mo. If you're thinking of selling, now's the time. I've already seen prices drop a tad, but maybe that's because the prices from 2 mo ago were outrageously insane. I've stayed out of the Wheeler Dealer mkt until this mess settles. I can't afford to buy a car and then have it drop 33%.
Exactly- today's prices are inflated and won't hold. In fact, selling wife's Cadillac now, sitting on cash for a few months, then I'll hit the used car markets for another 2-4 year old sedan when the new cars flood in. Hanging on to boxster. I don't think they'll fall too badly, they're 20 years old and didn't get as inflated as later model vehicles (especially trucks) have since the supply chain breakdown. Have seen them bringing decent money even at auction. All in all, I think I bought at the right time. They've only seem to have increased in value each year. Not at the pace of the rest of the Porsche lineup, but are still gaining.
As a side note, my 01 Ford Excursion (one of the most hated environmental trucks ever) with the 7.3L diesel is actually worth it's weight right now too. Who'd have thought that pig would be gaining interest LOL?
bockster75 is offline   Reply With Quote