View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
ukchris

I bought my car used and the previous owner included a Valentine1 (V1) detector. I really knew nothing about them but did a little reading and it seems to be regarded as one of the best. On unique feature it has are it's arrows for showing where the threat is, in front, behind or to the sides, this really helps you get your bearing and decide how to react. combined with the signal strength and type (three radar types plus laser) it is pretty thourough.

There are various mounting options, most people attach it to the windshield. Valentine also make a remote display which is easier to locate in a more convenient spot. Mounting is a personal think, I have mine on a bracket between the seats by the rear windstop as I didn't like it on the windshield, it isn't attactive and does shout "steal me" a little loudly. I've also integrated the remote display in to the rear view mirror where it is most convenient (for me).

I can post pictures if you're interested.

I have no affiliation with Valentine but have been making brackets and mirrors for a few people so I may be a little biased I suppose.

Chris.