View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 06:19 PM   #98
ecp

Update

Car is still running strong. The only issue I have run into was having to replace my aftermarket bremi MAF back to the original Bosch. Reason being after a week or so, I noticed the fuel trims started going too far into the negatives (-25 at idle). Put the original back in after cleaning, fuel trims look normal, and engine runs much better.
Since I have a bigger throttle body, k&n orion filter, full “race” exhaust, I’m sure it needs at least a little more fuel than a stock motor.
And yes I know some people have MAF Issues from the k&n, but I’ve taken my intake apart and the inside is squeaky clean, so I’m not too concerned about contamination being the issue. If it becomes a reoccurring thing though, I’ll have to think more about it. Trust me, the intake noise is much better than the desnorkel, and to me at least, just fitting the new system felt like when I replaced the original fried clutch (110k), and new exhaust. There was that much more of a punch to it.
New suspension feels great, but stiff. The old stuff was completely shot. I could push the old shocks down all the way by hand. Current setup is bilstein b6 with blue H&r springs. Ride height looks great, but it is stiff. Handles fantastically though. If You are thinking about lowering springs be advised that you’ll ned rear adjustable toe links to get the rear toe in spec. Mines pigeon toed in the rear and sometimes when I go over bumps or uneven roads, the car gets upset in the rear, so I have those ordered to get it fixed.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me stay sane during this, and im glad to have my car back!!!
Also, I got a citation in the mail. One of my neighbors claimed I was running an unlicensed business for repairing my car. I had a good laugh at that. If I was running a business, I would have filed for bankruptcy by now.
ecp is offline   Reply With Quote