View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
PurpleDog

I've hopped on the bandwagon

An introduction...
After a few months of looking for a nice S, I am happy to finally be an owner. My 2002 arrived from California and I picked it up yesterday. It's silver with a black interior and six speed transmission. My wife-to-be took it in today to the dealer to have the child seat installed (we have a 2 year old daughter) and to get the keys fixed (pricey little buggers). Next up, we are looking for iPod compatibility, a silver hard top, and 18" wheels would be nice. Our Boxster's stablemates include a 1971 Corvette Roadster, 1975 Triumph TR6, a couple of 5 series BMWs and a 1978 Pontiac Firebird undergoing restification (including transplanting a 455).

We paid 29,000 for the S, and the only thing wrong with it is a small tear in the plastic window. A few hours before I picked it up, the dealer decided it would be fun to put the top down. It was about 35 degrees (I'm in Seattle). Brilliant. That's getting fixed this weekend, on their dollar.

I'll have lots of questions in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to answer a few eventually too.

Robert
PurpleDog is offline   Reply With Quote