View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 03:49 AM   #13
elgyqc

Garage
Since the last post the new engine has been installed with the help of my friend Tony. I will install the minimum till I can start the engine since I can't be sure it will run, despite the claims of the ebay seller, so no exhaust and most of the suspension structure will be left off in case the engine has to come out again. The power steering reservoir is very tight to install or remove with the engine in place and I was waiting for replacement O-rings when the engine went in. I found that by backing off the 4 engine mount bolts I get about a quarter of an inch of clearance which allowed the reservoir to slip in easily. The intake plumbing was also stubborn, I presume because the plastic is old and less flexible than it used to be. I finally got it on after using the a heat gun on the throttle body end. Something that is was very useful during my first engine removal/install was having a spare engine on which I could verify how parts come off or go on, especially those that are more or less visible with the engine installed.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 12-08-2021 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote