View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 03:45 PM   #5
Stl-986

No idea why the steering rack will matter for anything suspension related, but, there is just 1 rack for these cars. Only difference is revision numbers.

As far as suspension...It's like asking which oil to use. Ask 10 people and you will get 20 different answers.

My opinion, going with a coilover for a daily driver is a waste of money Bilsteins are stock. Koni Sport is the upgrade and Koni Red are the equivalent of base stock. With coilovers expect your car to be lowered...some like it, some dont but I wouldn't expect the car to handle any better. Koni sport is a waste in the rear as it is almost impossible to adjust them once installed.

For a non dedicated track car you can't go wrong with Koni red all the way around. Other option would be red in the rear & sport up front.

Again, just an opinion but based on real world on the road experience & track experience.

I also suggest download the Porsche PET from their site. It will have all the part numbers and diagrams on it like the picture above.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote