View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #82
ecp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Sorry dude, I'm not tryin to drag you down. I just don't want you doing all this only to find more issues after you put it back together.

At this point I think you're at the limit of what you can do from a diagnostics standpoint. I would call the dealer and ask them for the leak down numbers. If cylinder 1 had less than 10-15% loss of pressure, replace the springs and then put it all back together and see how she does. If they come back with some bull**************** though and say "oh we forgot to tell you that the compression on that one only held 15%" then you have a choice - put it back together and see what happens, hoping that there was a spring issue there as well that's now fixed, or drop the motor and dive into the block.

Unfortunately, with the piston at tdc, boreoscoping won't show you anything. Wall scoring happens at the bottom of the cylinder, and even it can be hard to see from the cylinder side with the piston in bdc because the piston covers it up. I remember reading that it's possible to scope it from the crank case side, but I don't know any details. Maybe someone can help out here.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
I gave them a call. went to voicemail and i haven’t heard back. i’m not too worried about bore scoring, i just want it to run, and then drive it till it eats itself one day. maybe it would take a month, maybe it would last a little longer, who knows. I might just bite the bullet and do the springs. I have all of next week off work, so plenty of time to re work things if the springs weren’t the solution.
ecp is offline   Reply With Quote