View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #77
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecp View Post
I did my own sort of test. i modified my compression test hose so it can put air into the cylinders, and then when i unplugged the compressor line, i’d feel for air coming back out of the hose that’s screwed into the head. cylinders two and three had good pressure when i undid the line, but cylinder one had nothing. keep in mind all valves are closed, but cylinder one is at TDC.

My question is:

Is the reason that i felt no air coming back out of cylinder one because there’s no space for it to go (TDC, very small space vs the other two pistons which are further inward etc)

or because there’s also a problem with cylinder one and the broken valve spring on cyl two isn’t all that went wrong.

Cylinder one was not firing, i’d like to think it’s just the ecu not being able to compensate for cylinder two which had zero compression, but this is having me re think my approach. I don’t want to pull the head, but if i have to, i have to.

i only put in about 25 psi. Should i try closer to 100 like what people do when they perform leakdown tests?
So you pressurized the cylinders (with the head cover off I'm assuming?) And cyls 2-3 returned pressure when the supply line was vented but cyl 1 returned nothing?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk