View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #50
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecp View Post
I’ve been burned by shops twice, and those were the last time i took my cars to anyone.

I installed a set of e3s out of curiosity in january and kind of forgot about it because the car ran well, and then re installed the lightly used berus that had maybe 2k miles on them last weekend. the e3s looked strange when i pulled them and i’ll post a photo if i can figure it out. i tried spraying sea foam into bank one from the intake boot (the one that connects the tb plenum to the runner with the hole for the valve) but never ran the engine enough to get it all through the system. I was trying to determine if it was a fuel issue by seeing if cylinders started firing when i sprayed it in (they didn’t)

But they looked wet, smelled a little oily, and a little like fuel and the tips were dark. looked a little like carbon to me but that could have been the sea foam loosening up deposits from the head and piston.

When i installed the berus they looked perfectly grey/tan and i’ll also attach photos if i can figure it out
So just spit balling here.
I would expect the plugs to be wet because of the Sea foam.
I would expect them to smell a little like fuel because the fuel/air mixture was not burning due to no compression.

Smelled a little oily hmmm and looked a little like carbon.!!!!
I would expect a little carbon if those Cylinders were getting a little oil in the fuel/air mixture when the engine was running.
carbon=burned oil.

Was your exhaust ever blueish or whitish or not looking right???
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote