View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #13
ecp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
easy thing would be to swap coil from cylinder 1 to anything on bank 2. clear the codes and see if it follows. If not then you know plugs & coils are good.

Next would be wiring.

Do you have a durametric? You could watch the number of misfires on each cylinder.

I would let it cool down overnight and then in the morning clear the codes, then start the engine. Does it run bad for the first 2-3 minutes or does it run good and then after 2-3 minutes run bad?
I wish i had a durametric. It’s been on my shopping list for a while, but i was about to do a full suspension refresh. I might have found something as my bank two o2 sensor is reading nothing, but confirmed it was working by swapping it with bank one. seems like that might be the dead cylinder, but the why is now the big scary question. bank one gets a normal o2 reading, but yet that’s the side i’m getting misfire codes for. I’m still stumped. Pulled all the injectors and verified they’re all working and resistance tested them, they all seemed okay, except cylinder one injector smelled like burnt electronics.... and had the most visible deposits on it. i’ve already ordered a new set.
ecp is offline   Reply With Quote