View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
edevlin

Carrera-S and 2.7L Boxster

Beautful fall day here in Virginia, temp in the 70's, sunny, leaves are changing, great stuff. I had to do go to Richmond, about a 70 mile drive from home, of course with top down, I was loving it. On the way to town I noticed a beautful black Carrera-S convertible also with the top down come up from behind me. We both waved and had these big smiles on our faces.

I followed him for several miles through town and was hoping he was going the same way I was onto the onramp to the highway. Sure enough he was. This is one of my favorite onramps that I take and use the excuse of merging into the traffic to run through the gears. As I followed the Carrera S I could tell he had the same idea. I was in second gear at 4000 rpm, right at the start of the powerband in my little 2.7L Boxster. At the end of the onramp we both stepped on it.

I could tell he was going hard as I could see smoke blowing hard out of his 4 tail pipes and could hear him agressively shifting. My dyno runs show I am making peak HP (about 200) at 6500 rpm (falls off noticably above that), which is where I was throwing my shifts. When we started I was about 5-6 car lengths behind him. When I stopped accererating at somewhat over 100 mph, he had only gained about 2 car lenghts, but I could tell he was still slowly wideing the gap between us.

There was little or no traffic to contend with and our "merge into the traffic" was all over in less than 10 seconds, but I was impressed by how I could almost keep up with the more expensive car, great fun.

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote