View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #25
elav

@PLP - I'm going through the same process. My guess is that the door latch is shot on your driver's door. The inner door handle and outer door handle use cables to unlatch the door latch and it sounds like one may be pulling it slightly differently than the other but my guess is the door latch cam is worn enough that the micro switch that rides on that cam isn't telling the car that the door is open. I had similar issues (my window won't stay down) and just replaced the latch and now it is working perfectly. If you know how to disconnect the door latch from the outside handle (look for a thread I started recently for this info) you can pull the door latch out in about 20 minutes and take a look if your cam is shot or perhaps the rubber boot on the micro switch is torn and keeping it from working consistently. Might be worth the effort to see if you can fix it as it is a $600 part (although you can get OEM for $250, but I think you are better off buying the original brand in this case).
elav is offline   Reply With Quote